Thursday, August 29, 2013

Top 5 Most Amazing Scenes in Movies

I love movies that inspire, challenge and motivate. I have a strong memhory for the scenes that really knocked me out. Here is a list of my favorites.

1. The Abyss - Ed Harris purposely allows Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio to drown then revives her on the other side of the water. I have never been able to forget how I felt when I watched that for the first time. What an idea, What a concept! What great actors!

2. Rocky - Running through Philly to the top of the court steps. This is a movie that has defined my life. I have always felt connected to Rocky and his underdog challenge. I run 3 times a week and always finish my run with Gonna Fly Now!

3. Matrix - Taking the red pill and busting out of the hive. A life changing scene to which my lovely ex-wife responded “it’s kinda stupid!” ?????? I’ve come to believe that the only sense in this world is that we indeed are living in a computer simulation.

4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: When Hagrid busts Harry out of the house on the island. This was my introduction to the series. I turned on the TV one night somewhere in the early 2000’s and found myself watching the first HP movie. Within a few minutes I realized that I was very interested and then Hagrid knocked down the door. Don’t ever doubt that Harry Potter holds the answers to most of life’s questions.

5. Shawshank Redemption - When Warden Norton figures out how Andy escaped. What can I say? Every human being is required to watch this movie before they die. Watching the Warden lose his shit as he realizes he has been outwitted by Andy is just too much. But don’t short change yourself. Watch the movie from A to Z. You will see why it is the most popular movie ever. (See IMDB).

Live Free or Die. . . . . and watch these movies if you missed them. JohnnyOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment